Parents Committee Meeting – Thursday, March 7 at 7:30
In the Parish House. All parents are encouraged to attend. There are plenty of opportunities to get involved.
Webelos Crossover Troop Meeting- Friday, March 8 at 7:30 p.m
– This Friday we will be welcoming 10 new scouts from Pack 37 into our Troop. Please make every effort to attend to welcome your new fellow scouts.
– GREENBAR will meet at 6:30. Senior Patrol and all Patrol Leaders are required to attend.
– Class A uniform
– After the crossover ceremony, we will be hearing from a guest speaker
– Senior Patrol will be the Service Patrol
Philadelphia Trip- March 29-31
Allamuchy Trip- April 12-14
Permission Slip may be found (here) Payment of $30 is due as soon as possible, but no later than Friday, March 22.
Those going on the trip, please meet at the shed at 4:30 on Friday. More info to follow.
On Sunday March 3, 2019 we will be collecting palm at both the Saint Teresa’s Church and chapel. Scouts will burn the palm outside the Lower Church Hall immediately following the 12:30 Mass. These ashes will be then be blessed and used on Ash Wednesday. Community Service time will be credited for this event. Please meet at the Lower Church Hall at 12:30 PM. For those going to Winter Blast, we will be back in time for you to participate in this.
- March 8- Regular Troop Meeting/Webelos Crossover
- March 15- Regular Troop Meeting- Deadline for payment for Philadelphia trip. Flyer and Permission Slip may be found (Flyer) (Permission Slip) *Click the “Flyer” and “Permission Slip” in
Parenthessesto get the PDF*
- March 22- Regular Troop Meeting
- March 29-31- Philadelphia Trip- Camp Musser
- April 5- Mandatory Parents Summer Camp Meeting- at least 1 parent MUST attend.
- April 12-14- Camping Trip- Allamuchy Scout Reservation. Cost is $30 per person, payable as soon as possible, but no later than March 22, 2019. Permission slip may be found (here)
- April 19- Good Friday. No Troop Meeting
– Class B T-Shirts
– Lower Ranks will be working on physical fitness requirements, upper ranks will be helping go through equipment.
– Service Patrol – Screaming Eagles, please arrive early to set up an get equipment from the shed
– Program Patrol- Blackhawks
We will be attending Winter Blast at Ten Mile River Scout Camp from Friday, March 1 to Sunday, March 3. We will be cabin Camping. Cost is $30, payable by next Friday, February 22. A copy of the Permission slip may be found (here)
See the attached flyer (here) which contains all of the details on the trip to Philadelphia, Friday, March 29 to Sunday, 31, 2019. Cost is $60 for all scouts and leaders who are camping. Cost is $15 for parents who are joining us for lunch on Saturday, March 30. Payment due as soon as possible, but no later than Friday, March 15. A copy of the permission slip may be found (here).
Unfortunately, due to lack of participants and projected poor conditions in March, the ski trip scheduled for March 9 has been cancelled. We will try again next year. Anyone who submitted payment has a credit towards future activities.
We would like to thank everyone who donated supplies, gift cards, etc. for the Coast Guard. We had an entire truckload of goods that was delivered to Ft. Wadsworth over the weekend and were much appreciated. Great job. Also, although the shutdown is over, at least temporarily, the Coast Guard members still do not know when they will be paid or if their first paycheck will include the back pay they are owed, so they are still playing catch up. As such, if anyone has not donated, or would like to donate more, we will be collecting supplies again at Friday’s meeting and before Scout Sunday Mass on Sunday.
Regular Troop Meeting- Friday, February 1 at 7:30
- Those working on Religious Emblems will meet with Mr. Jerome prior to the meeting at 6:30
- Class A uniforms
- We will continue working on menu preparation for Hawk Mountain. We will also be receiving demonstrations on different methods of cooking
Service Patrol- Screaming Eagles. Please arrive early to set up.
Program Patrol- Blackhawks
Scout Sunday- Sunday, February 3–
The twelfth point of the Scout Law is “A Scout is Reverent”, so here is the chance to put this into action. We will be attending 10 am Mass at St. Teresa’s along with the Cub Scouts and Girl Scouts. Regardless of your faith or parish affiliation, this is a time to honor our chartered organization. Also, those scouts who earned Religious Medals will be recognized at the Mass. All scouts and leaders should be in the LCH no later than 9:30 in full Class A uniform with merit badge sashes. This will be followed by the Troop 37 Brunch/Court of Honor at the Staaten at 11:45.
Ski Trip– this Friday, February 1-
Is the last day to pay for the ski trip on Saturday, March 9. The flyer and payment forms are attached.Ski-trip-flyer-2019
Friday will be a Merit Badge Meeting. “Class B” Uniform. Please remember to bring all your merit badge worksheets, books, and any other necessary items needed for the merit badge that you are working on. Scouts who signed out Merit Badge Books and have completed the merit badge please return Books to the Librarian. All Merit Badge Books from the Troop library must be signed out.
Merit Badge workbooks and requirements/ information can be obtained at Merit Badge Research Center: http://www.meritbadge.com/
If you need a particular Merit Badge Counselor to be present at the meeting be sure to contact them, it is the Scout’s responsibility.
Service Patrol- Howling Coyotes. Please arrive early to set up.
Program Patrol- Sly Foxes
Merit Badge Counselors-
We could definitely use more counselors, particularly for the Eagle required merit badges such as cooking and the 3 Citizenships, but any help would be welcomed. Click here for a list of merit badges –https://meritbadge.org/wiki/index.php/List_of_Merit_Badges_by_Field_of_Study If you have any expertise in any of these areas and are willing to help, please see Mr. Pfuhler.
Hawk Mountain Trip-
We are currently at capacity for this
Scout Sunday– Sunday, February 3–
See attached flyer. We will be attending 10 am Mass at St. Teresa’s. Immediately following will be the Troop Court of Honor breakfast at the Staaten. The Troop will be paying for all active scouts. The cost for others is $30 per person. Last day to pay is this Friday, January 25. Patrol Leaders, please contact your members to get a headcount for the breakfast.
Regular Troop Meeting- Friday, January 11, 2019 at 7:30
- Religious Emblems– those working on a Religious Emblem will meet with Mr. Jerome prior to the meeting at 6:30
- Class A uniforms
- We will be working on winter camping skills for our next 2 trips
- Bring your handbooks. We will be updating advancements.
- Service Patrol- Sly Foxes. Please arrive early to set up.
- Program Patrol- Howling Coyotes
Service Project- Saturday, January 12–
We will be assisting the Holy Name Society in taking down the Christmas trees in front of the gym. Please meet at 9 am. Service hours will be recorded.
Hawk Mountain Trip–
We will be cabin camping at Hawk Mountain from Friday, February 8 to Sunday, February 10. The cost is $30. The permission slip is attached. Please remit payment ASAP, but no later than Friday, January 25.
Adult collared shirts–
Payment is due this Friday, January 11. Looking ahead- Scout Sunday is Sunday, February 3. We will be attending 10 am Mass at St. Teresa’s. Immediately following will be the Troop Court of Honor breakfast at the Staaten. Please mark your calendars. More information on this will be forthcoming shortly.
This Friday, December 21th, 2018 come celebrate the holiday spirit at Troop 37′s Annual Christmas Party. It is being held at the regular meeting location St. Teresa’s Lower church Hall 7:30 pm.
No Uniforms. Wear something festive!!!
Parents and siblings are encouraged to attend. In addition to pizza, deserts, skits, and songs we are expecting a visit from Santa and he needs to know who is coming.
If you have not heard from your Patrol Leader, please contact him by Monday evening to inform him whether you and how many in your family will be attending.
Senior Patrol please be sure to arrive by 7:00 pm for setup
Regular Troop Meeting- Friday, December 7, 2018 at 7:30 in the LCH
– Greenbar Meeting at 6:30- All Leaders are expected to attend
– Class A Uniforms
– We will continue working on First Aid skills and Rank advancements. Please bring your Handbook.
– Service Patrol- Howling Coyotes. Please arrive early to set up.
– Program Patrol- Sly Foxes
Next Troop Meeting, Friday, November 30, 2018 at 7:30
Service Project– this Saturday, November 24 at 9 am in front of the gym. We will be helping the St. Teresa Holy Name Society put up Christmas trees. Older scouts only, please. Service time will be awarded.
Everyone Have A Happy Thanksgiving