#124 Brian Villani
#124 Brian Villani
T-Shirt Pickup/Last Chance Meeting
This Tuesday, July 9, 2019 we will be meeting in the LCH from 7 pm to 8 pm to distribute the Class B t-shirt orders. This is also the LAST CHANCE to pay any outstanding summer camp fees and hand in medical forms.
By Tuesday night, we must have:
SUMMER CAMP FEES
[ ] Hawk Mountain
[ ] Volunteer Fire Dept Breakfast ($12.00 per person) –(scouts already paid for)
[ ] Friday Night Chicken Dinner ($10.00 ) (scouts already paid for)
[ ] Medicals Forms A, B & C (2 copies with Insurance card front and back) [ ] Food Allergy Forms (must have to attend camp)
[ ] Administer Over The Counter Medicine Form (must have to attend camp)
Please note: you must have all outstanding issues resolved at this meeting as we WILL NOT be accepting any fees or paperwork on the day of departure.
Important Summer Camp Information
We will all meet for Mass at Saint Teresa’s next Sunday July 14th at 7:00 am Sharp. Meet in the Lower Church Hall parking lot. After the vehicles are loaded and Mass is finished we will leave for the camp at about 8:30 AM. We will make our annual stop again this year at the Landingville Fire House for a Breakfast Buffet.
Families are needed to drive up to the camp with us. There will be a lot of equipment and scouts to transport.
With regard to Merit Badges, remember:
[ ] Printout the Merit Badge workbooks – MUST BRING TO CAMP
[ ] Read the Merit Badge requirements
[ ] Read the Merit Badge book
[ ] Complete all required prerequisites as outlined on the Merit Badge worksheet
Please meet at the shed Friday at 4:30 PM sharp. We are leaving at 5:00 PM. Take note of the following:
– Bring a sandwich or something for Friday night’s dinner.
– Make sure you turned in Liability form signed by a Parent
– Pack using a duffle bag or soft pack NO Frame BACKPACKS (save space)
– Bring old sneakers or water shoes for canoeing that won’t fall off –NOT Sandals.
– Bring a wide brim hat / Sunscreen/ sun block for sun protection.
– Bring a cup – You won’t need a mess kit.
– Bring a towel.
– Camp Chair to sit in
– Appropriate Clothing Sweatshirt / Raingear
– We will be sleeping in either tents or lean-tos so bring sleeping bag/ air mattress or pad.
– A Small String bag with Ziploc bag inside or waterproof bag to tie onto canoe for belongings while on river
Troop 37 Court of Honor- Friday, June 28 at 7:30 pm– all outstanding Hawk Mountain payments are due- Registration Fees, Breakfast, Chicken Dinner.
Parents Committee Meeting- Thursday, June 6 at 7:30 pm in the Parish House (corner of Windsor & Slosson)- the Troop Committee is responsible for conducting the business of the troop, setting policy, budgeting, and helping the Scoutmaster and Scouts with the outdoor program and other planned activities. The committee consists of parent volunteers who fulfill various roles on the committee. This is an important responsibility and is one area where help is always needed and appreciated. New parents, this is a good opportunity for you to get involved.
Troop Meeting- Friday, June 7 at 7:30– we will be preparing for the Canoe Trip and doing some work on Advancements. Please bring your Handbook. Class B uniforms.
Hawk Mountain Medicals– All medical forms (including Part C signed by a doctor) are due at this Friday’s meeting. Also, please get your payments in for breakfast on the way to Hawk Mountain ($12 for all non-scouts) and the chicken dinner on Friday, July 19 ($10 for all non-scouts) as soon as possible.
Family Canoe Trip – June 21-23 at Conklin Farms- Ten Mile River. LAST CALL. Please see the flyer (here) for details. All canoers must complete a Liability Release Form found (here) All scouts must complete a Permission Slip found (here). All payments are due by this Friday, June 7.
Liam O’Brien’s Eagle Project- Saturday, June 8 at 7:30 am. See flyer here (here).
Benton Adelkopf’s Eagle Project- Saturday, June 15 at 8:30 am. See flyer (here).
Jersey Jam- Our first Troop wide trip next year will be to Jersey Jam on October 4-6. This looks like it is going to be a lot of fun. Please see flyer (here). Although the trip isn’t until October, we need to remit payment by the end of June. Cost is $50 per person. Please note that we understand that you may not know now if you can attend this and you will not be precluded from going if you do not pay now, however we would ask whoever knows they can go to pay now to reduce the amount of money the Troop will have to lay out. A permission slip for the tripmay be found (here)
Regular Troop Meeting- Friday, May 17 at 7:30
– We are expecting to have a guest speaker- City Councilman and Eagle Scout Joe Borelli.
– Class A uniforms
– For those scouts who are not yet First Class, you may be able to use this meeting to satisfy Requirement 9a. Please review your Handbook.
– For those scouts who do not have the Citizenship in the Community Merit Badge, you may be able to use this meeting to satisfy Requirements 4 a and b. Requirements can be found here
David Laganga’s Eagle Project- Saturday, May 18 and Sunday, May 19- Please see the attached flyer. Please note that this project is open toall scouts. Service hours will be recorded.
Adventure Park Trip- Sunday, June 9 at 2 pm– payment of $45 per person is due by Friday, May 24.Click here for details on this trip.
Those attending the Camporee please be at the Camporee Field by 4:30 P.M. (Manor Road across from the JCC).
Be Prepared! See the packing checklist (here). Please read carefully.
Pack ahead of time. Do not wait until the last moment, you will forget things.
[ ] Make sure you are Wearing Boots (no sneakers) and in are Full “Class A” Uniform when you arrive.
[ ] including Scout Socks. (they will check)
[ ] Everyone should pack your Backpack accordingly, make sure it is waterproofed (Pack Cover or garbage bag) and be prepared for the
check list inspection (attached) at the check in.
[ ] Pack a Sandwich for Friday night’s dinner
[ ] Have a water bottle filled with water
[ ] Pack the 10 essentials
[ ] Bandanna or handkerchief
[ ] Remember to Pack your “Class B” Troop T-shirt (Need it on Saturday)
and most importantly don’t forget your Scout Spirit
If you have any questions, please contact your Patrol Leader or one of the SPL’s.
Patrol Leaders be sure to bring:
[ ] Menus [ ] Patrol Flags [ ] Patrol Flag and skit entry forms [ ] Have a Patrol Cheer, Yell, or Call
[ ] Patrol Boxes and metal Legs. [ ] a String Bag Pack, [ ] Pen,
Scouts, make sure you practice and know your knots, including the sheepshank. Click here for a demonstration-http://www.animatedknots.com
No Troop Meeting this week- Good Friday
To all the Troop 37 friends and family, have a blessed and happy Easter
Friday, April 26– Regular Troop Meeting, 7:30. Camporee Prep. Last chance to pay for Camporee- $30 per person
Saturday, April 27– Hammer & Saw Day at Pouch Camp, 9 am-1 pm. We need at least 50% of the Troop to attend to earn 50 points towards Camporee.
Thursday, May 2- Parents Committee Meeting, 7:30 in the Parish House
Friday, May 3 to Sunday, May 5– Camporee at Pouch Camp. Permission slip may be found (here),
Friday, May 10– Merit Badge Meeting, 7:30
Saturday, May 11– Scouting for Food- 10 am to 1 pm.- Stop & Shop 1441 Richmond Avenue
Friday, May 18– Regular Troop Meeting, 7:30
Friday, May 25– Regular Troop Meeting, 7:30
Saturday, May 26– Troop Car Wash, 7 am
Mandatory Parents Summer Camp Meeting- Friday, April 5 at 7:30- At least 1 parent must attend
– GREENBAR meeting at 6:30. Senior Patrol and all Patrol Leaders must attend.
– Scouts will be working on menus for the Allamuchy trip and will be beginning Camporee prep.
– Uniform standards are relaxed this week. Wear the shirt or jersey of your favorite sports team.
– Service Patrol- Screaming Eagles- please arrive by 7:15 to set up
– Program Patrol- Howling Coyotes
– Scouts- be sure to get your merit badge selections to Mr. Carp by Friday. First year scouts, please let Mr. Carp know by Friday if you are attending summer camp so he can register you for the Pathfinder Program.
– We will also be raffling off a fully paid one week stay at Hawk Mountain for a lucky scoutas well as a fully paid Friday night stay at the Micro Hotel for some lucky parent(s). Parents attending Summer Camp meeting will receive a raffle ticket at no cost….(one per family). Must be present to win.
Camporee- May 3-5 at Pouch Camp. Cost is $30 per person. Permission slip may be found (here) Payment is due as soon as possible, but no later than Friday, April 26.
Adventure Park of Long Island Trip– Sunday June 9 at 2 pm. Please see the attached flyer (here) Cost is $4 per climber payable as soon as possible, but no later than Friday, May 17.
Regular Troop Meeting- Friday, March 22 at 7:30 p.m.
– We will be having a very special guest speaker giving a presentation on Urban Hiking in preparation for the Philadelphia Trip
– Class A Uniforms
– Program Patrol- Blackhawks
– Service Patrol- Sly Foxes. Please arrive 15 minutes early to set up.
Matt Bilotto Eagle Project- Saturday, March 23 at 9 am– Scroll down for more information.
Allamuchy Trip- April 12-14. Last Call. Permission slips and payment of $30 must be received by this Friday, March 22. Permission slip may be found (here)
Adventure Park of Long Island Trip– this trip which was postponed from the fall due to inclement weather has been rescheduled toSunday June 9 at 2 pm. Please see the attached flyer (here) Cost is $45 payable as soon as possible, but no later than Friday, May 17.
March 29-31– Philadelphia Trip
April 5- Mandatory Summer Camp Meeting. At least 1 parent must attend.
April 12-14- Allamuchy Trip
April 19- No Meeting. Good Friday
April 26- Regular Troop Meeting
May 3-5- Camporee at Pouch Camp
– Class A uniform
– Bring your Handbooks
– We will continue working on knots and begin working on lashings. Visit this link for a refresher- https://www.animatedknots.com/indexscouting.php Pay special attention to the Timber Hitch, Square Lashing and Diagonal Lashing.
– Program Patrol- Screaming Eagles
– Service Patrol- Roaring Tigers. Please arrive by 7:15 to set up.
Allamuchy Trip- April 12-14. Permission Slip may be found (here). Payment of $30 is due as soon as possible, but no later than Friday, March 22.