– Class A uniform
– Bring your Handbooks
– We will continue working on knots and begin working on lashings. Visit this link for a refresher- https://www.animatedknots.com/indexscouting.php Pay special attention to the Timber Hitch, Square Lashing and Diagonal Lashing.
– Program Patrol- Screaming Eagles
– Service Patrol- Roaring Tigers. Please arrive by 7:15 to set up.
Allamuchy Trip- April 12-14. Permission Slip may be found (here). Payment of $30 is due as soon as possible, but no later than Friday, March 22.
Parents Committee Meeting – Thursday, March 7 at 7:30
In the Parish House. All parents are encouraged to attend. There are plenty of opportunities to get involved.
Webelos Crossover Troop Meeting- Friday, March 8 at 7:30 p.m
– This Friday we will be welcoming 10 new scouts from Pack 37 into our Troop. Please make every effort to attend to welcome your new fellow scouts.
– GREENBAR will meet at 6:30. Senior Patrol and all Patrol Leaders are required to attend.
– Class A uniform
– After the crossover ceremony, we will be hearing from a guest speaker
– Senior Patrol will be the Service Patrol
Philadelphia Trip- March 29-31
Allamuchy Trip- April 12-14
Permission Slip may be found (here) Payment of $30 is due as soon as possible, but no later than Friday, March 22.
It is with deepest regret to inform you that Thomas Jakubowski, age 89, of Port Richmond, passed away on February 27, 2019. He was the beloved father of David Jakubowski (Assistant Scoutmaster) and his wife Claire; cherished grandfather of Troop 37 Eagle Scouts Daniel, Justin, and Robert. Family and friends will be received at the Matthew Funeral Home, Inc., 2508 Victory Boulevard, on Sunday from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 pm. On Monday, March 4th, at 11:00 am A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at St. Adalbert’s R.C. Church (337 Morningstar Road). Repast to follow at 12:30 pm at the Staaten.
Those going on the trip, please meet at the shed at 4:30 on Friday. More info to follow.
On Sunday March 3, 2019 we will be collecting palm at both the Saint Teresa’s Church and chapel. Scouts will burn the palm outside the Lower Church Hall immediately following the 12:30 Mass. These ashes will be then be blessed and used on Ash Wednesday. Community Service time will be credited for this event. Please meet at the Lower Church Hall at 12:30 PM. For those going to Winter Blast, we will be back in time for you to participate in this.
- March 8- Regular Troop Meeting/Webelos Crossover
- March 15- Regular Troop Meeting- Deadline for payment for Philadelphia trip. Flyer and Permission Slip may be found (Flyer) (Permission Slip) *Click the “Flyer” and “Permission Slip” in
Parenthessesto get the PDF*
- March 22- Regular Troop Meeting
- March 29-31- Philadelphia Trip- Camp Musser
- April 5- Mandatory Parents Summer Camp Meeting- at least 1 parent MUST attend.
- April 12-14- Camping Trip- Allamuchy Scout Reservation. Cost is $30 per person, payable as soon as possible, but no later than March 22, 2019. Permission slip may be found (here)
- April 19- Good Friday. No Troop Meeting
Regular Troop Meeting- Friday, February 22 at 7:30 p.m.
– Class A uniform
– We will be beginning a series of meetings where we work on knots and lashings. For this meeting, please review pages 359 to 371 in your Handbook. Also, please visit this link for a refresher on the knots we will be working on-https://www.animatedknots.com/indexscouting.php
– Service Patrol – Howling Coyotes, please arrive early to set up an get equipment from the shed
– Program Patrol- Sly Foxes
Winter Blast- We will be attending Winter Blast at Ten Mile River Scout Camp from Friday, March 1 to Sunday, March 3. We will be cabin Camping. Cost is $30. Payment must be received by this Friday, February 22. A copy of the Permission slip may be found (here).
– Class B T-Shirts
– Lower Ranks will be working on physical fitness requirements, upper ranks will be helping go through equipment.
– Service Patrol – Screaming Eagles, please arrive early to set up an get equipment from the shed
– Program Patrol- Blackhawks
We will be attending Winter Blast at Ten Mile River Scout Camp from Friday, March 1 to Sunday, March 3. We will be cabin Camping. Cost is $30, payable by next Friday, February 22. A copy of the Permission slip may be found (here)
See the attached flyer (here) which contains all of the details on the trip to Philadelphia, Friday, March 29 to Sunday, 31, 2019. Cost is $60 for all scouts and leaders who are camping. Cost is $15 for parents who are joining us for lunch on Saturday, March 30. Payment due as soon as possible, but no later than Friday, March 15. A copy of the permission slip may be found (here).
Unfortunately, due to lack of participants and projected poor conditions in March, the ski trip scheduled for March 9 has been cancelled. We will try again next year. Anyone who submitted payment has a credit towards future activities.
No Troop Meeting this week- Hawk Mountain Camping Trip
Those going to Hawk Mountain, meet at the shed on Friday at 4:30. More info to follow.
Friday, February 15– Regular Troop Meeting
Friday, February 22– Regular Troop Meting
Friday, March 1 to Sunday, March 3– Winter Blast at Ten Mile River
Friday, March 8– Regular Troop Meeting/Webelos Crossover
We would like to thank everyone who donated supplies, gift cards, etc. for the Coast Guard. We had an entire truckload of goods that was delivered to Ft. Wadsworth over the weekend and were much appreciated. Great job. Also, although the shutdown is over, at least temporarily, the Coast Guard members still do not know when they will be paid or if their first paycheck will include the back pay they are owed, so they are still playing catch up. As such, if anyone has not donated, or would like to donate more, we will be collecting supplies again at Friday’s meeting and before Scout Sunday Mass on Sunday.
Regular Troop Meeting- Friday, February 1 at 7:30
- Those working on Religious Emblems will meet with Mr. Jerome prior to the meeting at 6:30
- Class A uniforms
- We will continue working on menu preparation for Hawk Mountain. We will also be receiving demonstrations on different methods of cooking
Service Patrol- Screaming Eagles. Please arrive early to set up.
Program Patrol- Blackhawks
Scout Sunday- Sunday, February 3–
The twelfth point of the Scout Law is “A Scout is Reverent”, so here is the chance to put this into action. We will be attending 10 am Mass at St. Teresa’s along with the Cub Scouts and Girl Scouts. Regardless of your faith or parish affiliation, this is a time to honor our chartered organization. Also, those scouts who earned Religious Medals will be recognized at the Mass. All scouts and leaders should be in the LCH no later than 9:30 in full Class A uniform with merit badge sashes. This will be followed by the Troop 37 Brunch/Court of Honor at the Staaten at 11:45.
Ski Trip– this Friday, February 1-
Is the last day to pay for the ski trip on Saturday, March 9. The flyer and payment forms are attached.Ski-trip-flyer-2019
Friday will be a Merit Badge Meeting. “Class B” Uniform. Please remember to bring all your merit badge worksheets, books, and any other necessary items needed for the merit badge that you are working on. Scouts who signed out Merit Badge Books and have completed the merit badge please return Books to the Librarian. All Merit Badge Books from the Troop library must be signed out.
Merit Badge workbooks and requirements/ information can be obtained at Merit Badge Research Center: http://www.meritbadge.com/
If you need a particular Merit Badge Counselor to be present at the meeting be sure to contact them, it is the Scout’s responsibility.
Service Patrol- Howling Coyotes. Please arrive early to set up.
Program Patrol- Sly Foxes
Merit Badge Counselors-
We could definitely use more counselors, particularly for the Eagle required merit badges such as cooking and the 3 Citizenships, but any help would be welcomed. Click here for a list of merit badges –https://meritbadge.org/wiki/index.php/List_of_Merit_Badges_by_Field_of_Study If you have any expertise in any of these areas and are willing to help, please see Mr. Pfuhler.
Hawk Mountain Trip-
We are currently at capacity for this
Scout Sunday– Sunday, February 3–
See attached flyer. We will be attending 10 am Mass at St. Teresa’s. Immediately following will be the Troop Court of Honor breakfast at the Staaten. The Troop will be paying for all active scouts. The cost for others is $30 per person. Last day to pay is this Friday, January 25. Patrol Leaders, please contact your members to get a headcount for the breakfast.