This is a resource page for Boy Scout Summer Camp at the Hawk Mountain Scout Reservation, located in Schuylkill, Pennsylvania. On this page you will find various forms, links, and information that you will need if you are attending Boy Scout Summer Camp. Current Weather Conditions at the Hawk Mountain Scout Reservation:
General Camp Information
Annual Health and Medical Forms
- Annual Health and Medical Record Parts A, B, and C – Please fill out, have Physician sign and return all three parts.
- Authorization for Administering of Medications – ALL participants
MUST complete and submit a signed copy of this form, even if no medications are provided.
- Food Allergy and Religious Dietary – All Scouts MUST complete and submit a signed copy of this form, even if there are no allergies.
Troop 37 Camp Forms and Information
Merit Badge Forms and Information
Merit Badge Sign-up will begin as soon as you have selected your Merit Badges, so please fill out your Merit Badge Selection form and get it in to Mr. Holland or Mr. Liu. Then print out the advance preparation worksheets, if the Merit Badge requires advance work.
- – All sheets need to have your name printed neatly on them.
- – Advance preparation worksheets will need to be completed and turned
in no later than June 24th to either Mr. Holland or Mr. Liu.
Scouts should come to camp having:
- – read the Merit Badge requirements
- – read the Merit Badge book
- – completed all required pre-requisite as outlined in the HMSR Merit Badge Pre-Requisites table below.
1st year campers
You will be signing up for Pathfinder Advancement program (click here to download the Pathfinder Program sheet) which is an
important part of our camp program. It allows scouts the opportunity to advance through most requirements for the Tenderfoot, Second Class, and First Class ranks; as well as earn Indian Lore, Nature, and Mammal Study Merit Badges. It is our recommendation that all first year Scouts participate in the Pathfinder Program. The advancement opportunities and the exposure to all areas of the camp will help assure that these campers have a positive experience.
If you have any questions or problems, please see Mr Holland or Mr. Liu
at a Scout Meeting.
- Merit Badge Sign-up Form
– This is the Sign-Up Form that will be turned in May 31st, 2013.
- Merit Badge Schedule & Information
– Please study this Schedule before filling out the Sign-Up Form.
- Merit Badges Prerequisites
– The following Merit Badges require advance preparation work to be done
before camp in order to earn the merit badges at camp. You may download
the Merit Badge workbook by clicking the Merit Badge name in the first
2015 MERIT BADGE Schedule
|Woodcarving||Art||Citizenship in the Nation||American Heritage||Archaeology||Art|
|Bird Study||Astronomy||Fish & Wildlife Mgmt.||Citizenship in the World||Camping||Woodcarving|
|Energy||Basketry||Fly Fishing||Communications||Digital Technology||Communications|
|Emergency Preparedne ss||Camping||Indian Lore||Insect Study||Environmental Science||Electricity|
|Geocaching||First Aid||Search and Rescue||Pioneering||Space Exploration||Personal Fitness|
|Environmental Science||Communications||Oceanography||Wilderness Surviva l||First Aid||Emergency Prep.|
|Fishing||Digital Technology||Personal Fitness||Fishing||Forestry||Geocaching|
|Photography||Environmental Science||Orienteering||Pulp and Paper||Fire Safety||Geology|
|Leatherwork||Fire Safety||Pulp and Paper||Soil & Water Cons.||Leatherwork||Indian Lore|
|Reptile & Amphibian Study||Mammal Study||Space Exploration||Weather||Nature||Mammal Study|
|Citizenship in the Comm.||Plant Science||Basketry||Basketry||Painting||Textile|
|Archery (9:00-10:30)||Welding (10:30-12)||Chemistry||Sustainability|
|Lifesaving (9:00-10:30)||Archery (10:30-12)||Climbing (2:00-3:30)||Public Health|
|Rifle Shooting (9:00-10:30)||Shotgun Shooting|
|BSA Standup Paddleboard||BSA Standup Paddleboard|
|Swimming and Water Rescue (9:00-12:00)||Paddle Craft Safety (2 :00- 5:00)|
2015 MERIT BADGE PRE-REQUISITES
ALL PREREOUISITES MUST BE COMPLETED PRIOR TO CAMP FOR MERIT BADGE COMPLETION AT CAMP & REOUIREMENTS MAY CHANGE PENDING NATIONAL UPDATES